An Internal Reference is a function for effectively creating derived drawings such as detailed drawings and plan drawings. If some or all of the drawings are designated as internal references, they are in block form. Therefore, it refer to a function that supports creation of drawings by linking information with a shape object.
All drawings created by internal reference are connected.
When the original drawing is modified, the linked drawings are collectively modified.
Use Internal references - Create an enlarged drawing
1) Creates a view area in the area to be enlarged.
In this case, set the stair enlargement plane and bathroom detail to 1:30 scale respectively.
- [ Insert ] - [ ViewRegion ]
Deselect 'By Sheet Scale' if you want to create a view area inside a sheet with scale applied.
2) Import the created Internal Reference drawing.
Select the Internal Reference drawing defined in the Draw Lib of the Work Tree located on the left. Then drag and drop into the desired area.
Click here to learn about defining Internal Reference.
3) Copy and cut reference drawing
- Command : CT (COPYTRIM)
- Select the boundary object to be cut from the command line or specify the boundary shape to be cut. Here, we specify and use a rectangle(R)
- Specify the first and second points of the boundary or range to be cropped, and then specify the base point to copy.
- After you specify a point to insert the copied object in the pre-generated 1:30 view area, 'Copy and Cut(COPYTRIM)' is completed. When placed within the view area, it is enlarged to a size of 1:30 scale.
Set the presence or absence of the object to be cut after copying, the view area, and the boundary object.
- View area Generate(V) : Indicates whether to create the view area of the object cut after copying.
- Boundary object Generate(B) : Indicates the presence or absence of a boundary object.
- Original boundary object Generate(OB) : Indicates the presence or absence of a boundary object in the original.
4) Internal Reference annotation object display setting
Learn about scale editing of annotations included in internal reference drawings.
You can complete detailed drawings by dividing the annotation objects and editing additional input or deletion of required detailed dimensions.
- [ Tools ] - [ Xref and Block In-place Editing ] - [ Iref Display Settings ] or Command : IRD(IREFDISP)
- Select Internal Reference object : Select an Internal Reference to change the display setting of annotation objects.
- Modify annotation object display setting : Set whether to display the object designated as 'annotation object' in the Internal Reference drawing.
- Display(S) : Annotated objects are displayed.
- Do not display(H) : Do not display annotation objects.
- Divide(I) : Divide the annotation object from the Internal Reference.
In below - Do not display
In below - Divide
4-1) Tips for Setting Internal Reference display
- Select Internal Reference drawing to modify display settings
- Right click on mouse
- Select Iref Display Settings
- Select annotation object display settings (Display / Do not Display / Divide)